Knowledgebase: Account Questions
Can logins be shared between my projects?
Posted by WushNet - Michael Ching on 26 March 2009 03:05 AM
Yes, we have added support for shared developer logins. Both accounts must be within the same billing account. When enabled, any developer account password changes made to the primary account will also be applied to the developer account of the same name in the secondary project.
For example, if you have projects "myProjA" and "myProjB", to set up "email@example.com" as a shared developer account, you would do the following:
1. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to enable shared logins with myProjA as the primary and myProjB as the secondary.
2. Create the developer account "email@example.com" in both projects as you normally would through the Access Control page.
Please note the following:
1. Users will still be able to change their passwords at https://portal.wush.net/developer/login but should be told to specify the the primary account as the repository name. If they specify the secondary, the passwords will no longer be in sync because the replication only happens in one direction.
2. Access control rights (read-only/read-write) are not replicated and should be configured independently in each project. However, password changes done by the administrator should be done in the Access Control page of the primary account for replication to be applied.
3. The shared login setting is applied to the entire project. You cannot specify only certain developer accounts to be replicated.
Please feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about the shared login feature.