Why host Subversion instead of run it myself?
Posted by Michael Ching (Admin) on 17 May 2005 10:56 AM
We do everything possible to minimize the disadvantages, but in the end, the final determination of these factors is yours. We do not wish to misrepresent the advantages or disadvantages of using our service, but rather wish that our service is the informed decision of all of our customers.|
- Less setup and on-going administrative work. Setup is instant and we manage updates for you.
- Support available. If you have problems, you can submit a trouble ticket and we handle it for you.
- Backups and restores taken care of. Daily snapshot backups allow us to restore to a point in time.
- Fast, reliable network. This is good for distributed teams with users spread out geographically.
- Cost effective. A similar setup would be costly to set up for one repository.
- Source code leaves your office.
- Internet access slower than LAN access.